Monday, September 5, 2011

Kool-aid Paint

Previously, I posted a recipe for Kool-aid Playdough. Well, I tried this recipe, and it turned out gloopy and sticky, more like a thick paint. I tried to thicken it with more flour. I tried powdered sugar. It was still more reminiscent of paint than playdough, so we painted with it instead! Turns out, Kool-aid is a great way to create vibrant, edible paint colors! I am going to keep the recipe around, but we will use it for painting instead of playdough. I have found another Kool-aid Playdough recipe I want to try, though.

Baby Bear immediately grabbed a handful of the Kool-aid gloop and began painting.

He loved the thick, sticky texture!

When this happened, I thought for sure he would have pink hair for a week. Papa Bear and I let him play in the sprinkler after this, though, and it all washed out just fine.
This is the recipe I used from cooks.com:
1 c. water
2 tbsp. oil
1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 pkg. kool-aid, any flavor
Mix together water and oil. Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes. Remove and add flour, sugar and kool-aid. Mix together with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment