Saturday, September 24, 2011

Painting with Water

For the life of me, I cannot remember (nor find) where I read about this idea. If/when I finally come across it again, I will be sure to post an idea credit at the bottom of this post. Anyway, here is the idea: paint with water. That's it! I just filled a bowl with water, grabbed a couple of paintbrushes for Baby Bear and myself, and sat us down in the driveway to paint.

Painting with water basically gives you a reusable canvas because once the water dries, you can start all over again. Baby Bear didn't quite understand the appeal of painting with the water, but he did like splashing with the paintbrush and letting it drip all over the cement. I imagine as he gets older, the painting part will become more interesting. Also, when he is a little older, I can turn this into a fun lesson on evaporation and the water cycle. There really is a lot of gray between learning and having fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment