Friday, December 16, 2011

No-Mess Glitter Ornaments!

I saw this idea for a mess-free glitter activity on the No Time for Flash Cards Website, and I just had to try it with Baby Bear! I taped up a foam gingerbread man cutout with double-sided tape and stuck it in a baggy. Then, I had Baby Bear help pour in some glitter and shake up the bag. That was it! Voila, a Christmas decoration! One thing that struck me funny about this activity is that Baby Bear didn't have nearly as much fun shaking the bag as he did helping pour in the glitter. I thought for sure he would love shaking the bag, but all he wanted to do was pour more glitter. :) The parts Baby Bear helped with did not take long, so this activity would be good for either a quick mess-free craft, or if you want to give a special homemade decoration to several people but do not have the time (and your toddler does not have the patience) to make a whole batch of intricate ornaments.

Touching the glitter he helped pour in

Shaking the bag a little

The finished product

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the picture of your little man all crouched down in his Christmas Jammies. Soooo sweet! Makes me want to have more babies!!!
    Love how you contained the glitter too! I'm a bit of a glitter-phobe! :)

    ReplyDelete