Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Washing & Sanitizing Toys

I know, I know... washing and sanitizing toys sounds like anything but fun, but at our house it is a source of entertainment because it inevitably turns into "make a big watery, splashy mess" play. :)

I begin by layering towels on the bathroom floor. Then, Papa Bear and I collect all the water-safe toys in the house and take them to the bathroom. I fill the bathtub with warm water and a touch of bleach (follow the amount guidelines on the bleach container) and a large mixing bowl with cold water. A handful at a time, I throw the toys into the bathtub, wait about 30 seconds, give them a quick rinse, and then toss them into the bowl where Baby Bear and Papa Bear sit waiting to rinse them more. This is where Baby Bear turns washing toys into fun! He dunks, splashes, fills, and pours with the toys until his diaper, all our clothes, and every towel on the floor around him are completely drenched. When he is done, Papa Bear and I set the toys out on the few remaining dry towels to dry overnight. We've found it's a great way to get rid of germs and have fun at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment