Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ocean Scene with Painted Bubble Wrap

When one of my recent packages came with bubble wrap instead of air packs, I was so excited! I'd been wanting to do some bubble wrap painting with Baby Bear, but I really didn't want to go out and buy a whole role of bubble wrap. Hence, my excitement over the packaging. It's been so long since I first saw the idea for a bubble print ocean scene on the blogosphere that I can't remember where my inspiration came from. (This was before I discovered Pinterest.) It was most likely this post from Pink and Green Mama, though. I like her blog and checked there often for ideas when I first started doing more interactive, hands-on activities with Baby Bear. I cut the bubble wrap into a few easier-to-manage squares and sat down with Baby Bear to do some painting.

Baby Bear was a little apprehensive about painting the bubble wrap instead of paper. In fact, he wanted to paint on some paper (and himself) first before he would even consider painting on the bubble wrap. Once he saw me painting my own piece, though, he joined in. We then worked together to cover a piece of paper with our blue, bubbly paint. Since it was late afternoon when we painted, we set our paper aside to dry over night. The next day, I pulled out some puffy ocean creatures stickers I had found on our last shopping excursion, and Baby Bear added them to our blue, bubbly paper. I'm so glad I found the puffy stickers because he thought those were pretty cool! I asked him if he wanted to paint some green seaweed on there, too, but he liked his ocean scene just the way it was. It was just right.






No comments:

Post a Comment