Sunday, September 9, 2012

Obstacle Course

On one particularly hot day last week, I set up an obstacle coarse in the backyard for Baby Bear. I wasn't sure if he would like it or not, or even if he would do it, but I gave it a shot. Turned out, he thought it was great! Since Baby Bear is just barely 2, I kept the course very simple and short. The goal was to get the ball into the bucket by going through the obstacle course. He started by jumping into and then back out of a hula hoop. Then, he was supposed to go around the sandbox. He thought going over was much more fun and opted for that method more often than going around. Next, he had to crawl through the pop-up tunnel. Finally, he plopped the ball into the bucket that was sitting at the end of the tunnel. He had the most fun when I went through the course with him, but seeing as how the tunnel is much easier for him to get through than me, that only happened a couple of times. I'll have to set it up again when he has a friend over some time!

The obstacle course

Jumping into the hoop and then back out

Going around, er, over the sandbox

Through the tunnel

Into the bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment