Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Handprint Spider/Bat

Last weekend I spent some time on Pinterest searching for a spider craft to do with my son, and I came across this handprint spider from Preschool Crafts for Kids. Since Baby Bear LOVES having his hands traced and making handprints right now, this was perfect for him. I painted both of his hands black (one would have done, but he wanted both) and had him make prints that overlapped at the palm. I tried to paint only his fingers, but he kept moving his hands so that I couldn't help but paint his thumbs. That is why I titled this post Handprint Spider/Bat. It has eight legs like a spider but ears like a bat. So, if you're looking to make a handprint spider, paint four fingers but no thumb, and spread the fingers out for the legs. If you're looking to make a handprint bat, paint the whole hand, including the thumb, and put the fingers close together for the wings. Or, you can do like Baby Bear and I did and make your own halfbreed creature. :)

He loves his spider, ears and all.

Just add some wiggle eyes and a glitter glue nose and mouth, and you too can have your own spider/bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment