Friday, October 26, 2012

Paper Pieces Pumpkin

For one of our fall activities, Baby Bear and I made a fall mosaic tree. He had fun and did a great job, so I thought we'd use the same technique to make a pumpkin. This activity is nothing new... in fact, I'm pretty sure my youngest sister did this when she was in school. It's an oldy, but a goody.

I started by printing out a pumpkin coloring page I found online. Then, Baby Bear helped me tear up pieces of orange, green, and black paper. I spread some glue on the pumpkin picture, and Baby Bear added the orange pieces of paper.

Although he started out placing them one piece at a time, that didn't last long. Pretty soon, I was helping spread out the handfuls he threw on.

We added a couple of green pieces for the stem, and then Baby Bear helped pick out and place pieces for the face of a jack-o-lantern. This turned out to be good shape naming practice because he said he wanted triangle eyes, a rectangle nose, and square pieces for the mouth. This was an easy but cute craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment